Forms to Request Assistance
The DE Department offers a variety of services that faculty can request via the following forms. Read the description for more information about each form. Click on the link in each description to access the relevant form.
- Course Development Request Form
- Course Developers can help you build Canvas content items for your courses -- from one item like a content page to whole modules and even whole courses. We are happy to collaborate with you or even do all the building for you. Use the Course Development Request Form to start your Course Development Project. The Course Developer will email you within 24 business hours to set up your appointment.
- Document Repair Form (Accessibility)
- Request document repair for accessibility in documents such as Word, PowerPoint, and PDF files. Faculty will be contacted by the Accessibility team (A-Team) within 24 business hours to discuss the turn-around time of requests. Up to 5 documents may be submitted per request.
- Faculty Assistance Form
- Request general assistance with technical issues in Canvas or with online instruction issues that do not fall under any other request form topics. This list details the topics that this form covers:
- Canvas Related Issue
- Gradescope, Respondus, StudyMate, Turnitin, or Badges
- Video Storage
- Pronto Transcript
- Request Copy of Template Class
- Blackboard Archive Access
- SI Enrollment
- Demo Student
- LTI Installation
- Canvas Lab Class Request Form
- Request to separate Lab class for an embedded Lecture/Lab class with a separate Lecture faculty. This will give you a separate lab class in Canvas and allow students to "self-enroll".
- Copy Course Content Form
- Development Course Form
- Merge Courses Form
- Request merging of similar sections of the same course taught by the same faculty to be merged into one Canvas shell. Merging should only be considered for sections taught with the same modality. Once merged, courses cannot be unmerged after the start of the term. Faculty should submit the Merge Course Request Form 4 weeks prior to the start of term.
- Non-Instructional Course Form
- Missing Knowmia to Mediasite Videos Form
- TechSmith Knowmia videos have been migrated to Mediasite Cloud. Once you check your Mediasite account, if any of your videos are missing, please complete the Missing Knowmia to Mediasite Videos Form to report the issue.
- Missing Knowmia to Canvas Studio Videos Form
- TechSmith Knowmia videos were migrated to Canvas Studio during June 2022. They should appear in the "Shared with Me" folder of Studio. Once you check your Studio account, if any of your videos are missing, please complete the Missing Knowmia to Canvas Studio Videos Form to report the issue.
- Missing Zoom Recordings Form
- On Dec. 17, 2021, RCCD transferred from ConferZoom to CCC TechConnect Zoom. If you are missing videos, please complete this Missing Zoom Recording form. Information about your missing Zoom recordings will follow as soon as it is available.
FERPA Certification Submission Form
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
is a Federal law that protects the privacy of students’ information and education records. To access student information, FERPA training is required. Previously, this training was accessed through 4faculty.org, which is no longer available.
While new District FERPA training is being identified, faculty who want to access student information via WebAdvisor & Canvas, can register for & complete the 2021 FERPA 101: For Colleges & Universities (Accessible)
course, created and run by the US Department of Education. This free training is estimated to take 35-45 minutes and requires faculty to watch videos, read some text, and answer quiz questions.
To be FERPA Certified, please do the following:
- Create a free account using your district email.
- From the multiple courses shown, select “2021 FERPA 101: Colleges and Universities (Accessible).”
- After completing this FERPA training, download and save the certificate provided.
- Upload your certificate to the FERPA Certification Submission Form.
If you don’t hear from us within 24 business hours after uploading your certificate to the form, email DJ Hawkins