2022 Summer Math Institute
Riverside Community College District is dedicated to providing an in person Summer Math Institute (SMI) for graduating high school seniors and current RCCD students. The SMI is a special program that seeks to improve the equitable access and success rates of those students who attempt college-level math during their first year, specifically striving to encourage and support students that face life challenges which present significant societal obstacles to the fulfillment of achieving their higher education goals.
Course Modality and Dates
SMI will be offered face-to-face during summer 2022 from June 21 to July 29, 2022 (six weeks).
Student Incentives to Participate
Loaned Laptop and WiFi Hotspot (via existing College-based loan programs)
$500 financial aid disbursement per student.
Dedicated course specific tutorial support
Guaranteed Promise Program Enrollment for new first-time freshmen who meet eligibility requirements and are enrolling in Fall 2022 at a RCCD college which includes priority registration for the first year of college
Workshop(s) to assist students on completing Financial Aid Applications (optional)
Note: $500 financial aid will not impact Pell or CCPG (BOG); however, it may impact supplemental financial aids. Please consult your college Financial Aid office.
- Communicate with instructor
- Participate in Tutoring embedded in class
- Participate in Tutoring outside of class
Students are encouraged to:
- Participate in workshops offered through Engagement Centers
- Meet with a Counselor, Ed Advisor and/or Peer Mentor at least once
Apply for the FASFA and/or California Dream Act Application
Course Sections and Faculty
SMI will include Math -10 for STEM students and Math -12 with Math-112 for SLAM students. Following sections are being offered as of part of the SMI:
Riverside City College
MAT-12-46659 and MAT-112-46658 (Tommie Denson)
MAT-10-36072 (Bibiana Lopez)
MAT-12-36082 and MAT-112-36135 (Jeffrey Burke)
Moreno Valley College
Math 10-26511 (Chui Yao)
Math 12-26519 and Math 112-26513 (Daniela Sandoval)
Math 12-26520 and Math 112-26514 (Crystal Sanchez)
- SMI Courses are open to all students. Students can register themselves.
- Students who successfully completed Math-10 or Math-12 previously are not eligible to enroll in SMI.
- For students who wish to participate in SMI, please submit the following form to confirm: