RCCD Study Abroad Programs
for SUMMER TERM 2019 (Salzburg) and FALL SEMESTER 2019 (Florence)
You may attend any session! Parents are welcome.
Tues, 2/26 12:30 - 2:00 pm - Norco College, ST 107
Wed, 2/27 3:30 - 5:00 pm - Moreno Valley College, Lib 102
Thur, 2/28 12:30 - 2:00 pm - Riverside City College, Heritage Room
Mon, 3/18 12:30 - 2:00 pm - Riverside City College, Heritage Room
Tues, 3/19 3:30 - 5:00 pm - Moreno Valley College, Lib 102
Wed, 3/20 3:30 - 5:00 pm - Norco College, ST 107
Mon, 4/22 12:30 - 2:00 pm - Norco College, ST 107
Tues, 4/23 3:30 - 5:00 pm - Moreno Valley College, Lib 102
Wed, 4/24 12:30 - 2:00 pm - Riverside City College, Heritage Room
The mission of the Riverside Community College District Study Abroad Program (RCCD-SAP) is to provide RCCD students from the three colleges (Moreno Valley, Norco, Riverside City) with opportunities for study and service learning, and travel abroad. Through faculty-led semester study abroad, faculty-led short-term course abroad, and travel tours, RCCD-SAP offers wide varieties of programs and destinations aimed at promoting personal growth, expanding individual’s horizon, cultivating global citizenship, intercultural understanding, and preparing students for possible international career opportunities. Study Abroad Program is RCCD students’ gateway to international travel.
- To expand and diversify study abroad offerings to ensure wider access to students from varied academic, ethnic, socio-economic backgrounds.
- To utilize and promote internal and external financial aid and scholarship tools to create equitable distribution of resources to encourage students’ participation.
Why Study Abroad?
In today’s complex world and competitive job market, the decision to study abroad may be one of the best decisions you ever make. Study abroad is an opportunity to learn from new or different perspectives, to absorb another culture and gain an appreciation for another way of life. No wonder most students who study abroad rate their experience as one of the most important of their undergraduate career!
1. Boost your self-confidence and independence
2. Expand your worldview
3. Strengthen adaptability, communications, and team-building skills
4. Learn about yourself and become more self-aware
5. Learn another language
6. Learn about your own country
7. Enhance your career opportunities
8. Experience another culture firsthand and enhance your cross-cultural competency
9. Make new friends from around the world
10. Travel and see the world
The Study Abroad Experience
RCC student Celess Valle shares her Study Abroad experiences from Florence, Italy (Fall 2017)
RCCD-SAP Location & Contact Information
RCCD Study Abroad Program
C/O RCC International Center
Technology Building B, Room 203
4800 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506
Nassef "Sef" Girgis