Serving students district-wide at all three colleges, Moreno Valley College, Norco College, and Riverside City College, the Riverside Community College District’s Study Abroad Program offers an unparalleled international education experiences. The District’s commitment to international education has been reflected in a wide variety of programs and activities since 1994.
Current RCCD Study Abroad Programs
Faculty-Led Semester Abroad (Fall & Spring)
Faculty-Led Semester Abroad is the premier education abroad program at RCCD. For nearly 20 years, the program has offered the opportunity for RCCD students to study in Florence, Italy, in the Fall and a variety of destination in the Spring semester. Past semester abroad destinations have included Ireland, England, Argentina, China, and Spain. The classes are tailored toward general education and transferable courses while developing an understanding and appreciation for cross-cultural learning and global issues.
When you study abroad on a Semester long program…
- You remain enrolled at RCCD
- You earn at least 12 unit credits
- You may use eligible federal, state financial aid, and other scholarship funds
- You travel with RCCD faculty, with RCCD students, taking RCCD classes.
Semester Long Study Abroad Offers…
- RCCD accredited courses taught at the international destination.
- Wide range of academic disciplines and courses
- Courses that may satisfy general education and
Short-Term Study Abroad Course (Summer & Winter)
Salzburg, Austria - Summer 2019
Faculty-led summer or winter study abroad course offers a variety of study options during these academic terms. Short-term study abroad offers students a cultural experience while taking classes that will keep them on academic track and move ahead!
When you participate in a short-term study abroad...
Study Abroad Summer or Winter Session Offers…
You remain enrolled at RCCD
You earn RCCD credits
You may use eligible federal, state financial aid, and other scholarship funds
Classes are taught and led by RCCD faculty
Duration of travel is between 2-4 weeks
Opportunities in a wide range of academic disciplines that vary every year, depending on faculty interest and availability
Courses open to all students
Field trips, field study, and discipline-focused opportunities
Courses that may satisfy general education and major requirements and offer transferable credits.
International Education Tours
Egypt Tour - January 2019
RCCD International Educational Tours offer students as well as faculty, staff, and member of the community opportunities to travel abroad on cultural excursions with an educator expert in a particular region. The tours are open to all ages and individuals, designed for exploration, sightseeing, learning and discoveries. Recent RCCD tours included journeys to Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Morocco and Safari in Kenya.
When you travel on an Educational Tour…
- Duration is 10-14 days
- No academic units or college credit attached
- Offered during summer or winter breaks
- 5 star accommodations
Education Tours Offer…
- Specialized itineraries that provide behind-the-scenes glimpses into the travel destination.
- Open participation to all.
- In depth exploration of the destination with local expert knowledge of its history, cultures, political climate, and contemporary issues.
- Affordable and competitive prices
General Eligibility Requirements
All students must meet these requirements for enrollment in credit-bearing study abroad programs.
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- In good academic standing
- No personal or student conduct violations
- Full-time enrollment based on the specifics of each program
- Completion of course prerequisites - programs may require that a class be completed prior to participation