Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Reporting
Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited.
The District’s Title IX Officer is Lorraine Jones, District Compliance Officer. Her office is located at 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. To speak with someone regarding filing a complaint of unlawful discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation, please call (951) 222-8039.
If you experience or witness what you believe to be unlawful discrimination or harassment, please document the following information:
- Date, time and location of the incident;
- Names and contact information for those involved and possible witnesses;
- Detailed information regarding the incident(s) observed.
Download the District’s procedure for filing a complaint and complaint form:
For complaints regarding classroom issues that do not involve unlawful discrimination and/or harassment, please contact the Instructor, Department Chair, College Dean of Student Services or Dean of Instruction.
Relevant District Policies
- BPAP 6410: Nondiscrimination
- BPAP 6430: Prohibition of Harassment and Retaliation
- BP 6420: Equal Employment Opportunity
- BP 6100: Commitment to Diversity
- AP 6445: Handling Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities for Non Classroom-Related Activities
- AP 6447: Reasonable Accommodation Process for Employment