Distance Education staff are here to provide you with assistance and support in preparing and teaching online (fully online and hybrid) and face-to-face courses. RCCD strives to offer the finest in education to our students by providing our faculty with the resources and tools necessary to build and maintain their course content and materials. RCCD uses the learning management system, Canvas, for all courses.
If you need support, district DE has a variety of synchronous, asynchronous, and on-demand support available.
- Synchronous Support Schedule
- Group Q&As and 1:1 Appointment -- You can register for the support you need. When in doubt, the instructional designer(s) can help you with (almost) everything.
- Webinars and Workshops -- You can register for workshops and webinars led by DE personnel.
- Asynchronous Support
- Training Courses -- List of currently available training courses and links to self-enroll. Some courses are required for DE Certification. All courses can be used for professional development and FLEX credit.
- DE Video Library -- If you can’t make our webinar, view these recorded and created webinars and quick tutorials on Canvas, content and course creation, accessibility, and media.
- On Demand Support
- 24/7 Canvas Support -- Canvas phone support is also available 24/7 by calling (844) 603-4264. They also have a live chat that you can access through Help & More (? icon) on the Canvas Global Navigation menu.
- RCCD Helpdesk Support -- If faculty need assistance during business hour logging into Canvas or district email, they can email RCCD Helpdesk at email@example.com or call (951) 222-8388.
Additional DE Information
Here are a few resources:
- Canvas Course Shell Availability Dates -- Information about when Canvas shells will be available each semester, each college’s Distance Education Committee, and district and ACCJC DE Guidelines.
- Adding Users to a Canvas Course -- Information about how to add district faculty and Deans to your course for assistance or for the Improvement of Instruction (IOI) process.
- DE Personnel About Us page -- Information about each member of the DE Team plus their contact information.
- Accessible Technology & Media Coordinators provide faculty with focused media support including video storage and captioning tools as well as focused accessibility assistance including document repair.
- Canvas Administrator & Support Specialists provide faculty with focused Canvas assistance as well as support on tools and apps integrated into Canvas.
- Instructional Designers can help faculty with all aspects of course and content creation, design, accessibility, media, facilitation, Canvas tools, pedagogy, OER, and so much more.
Left Navigation Menu Overview
You can find the following asynchronous and synchronous support and training by using the left navigation menu items. Some of these pages also have subpages with additional information.
- Certification & Resources -- Information on District Online Teaching Certification, college DE Committees, and online instruction guidelines.
- Request Forms -- Forms where faculty can request direct assistance in multiple areas such as development shells, document repair, LTIs, and so much more.
- Canvas Support -- Directions on how-to log into Canvas, webinars and tutorials on Canvas tools, and additional resources on integrated apps.
- Instructional Design Support -- Information about how-to make an appointment with an Instructional Designer, self-enroll in available training pedagogy courses, and view our recorded webinars and tutorials.
- Accessibility Support -- Information about how-to make an appointment with an Accessible Technology & Media Coordinator, self-enroll in available accessibility training courses, and view our recorded webinars and tutorials.
- Media Support -- Information about how-to make an appointment with an Accessible Technology & Media Coordinator, use media related tools, and view our recorded webinars and tutorials.