RCCD uses the learning management system, Canvas, for all courses. All faculty have access to Canvas and are given a Canvas shell for each course they teach. The District Distance Education department offers the following support for faculty using Canvas for the instruction of their online, hybrid, and in-person classes. Synchronous Support
Days, times, and locations subject to change. Updated weekly. The registration links below will take you to the MS Bookings page.
- Group Q&A sessions -- Meet with Derek Moore and other faculty to get answers to Canvas related questions.
- 1:1 Appointments -- Meet individually with Derek Moore to get answers to Canvas related questions and learn new Canvas tools and apps.
- Derek Moore: Fall Schedule: 15 minute blocks via Zoom
- Monday & Tuesday from 8:30 - 10:00 am, 10:15 - 11:15 am
- Wednesday & Thursday from 1:15 - 2:15 pm, 3:15 - 4:45 pm
- Email -- If these days/time do not work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Asynchronous Support & Training
Check back often for new resources and support.
- Canvas Phone Support -- The Helpdesk provides Canvas support by calling (951) 222-8388.
- Canvas Chat Support -- Live chat support is also available.
- Canvas Login Instructions -- Directions of Canvas log in, computer and browser compatibility, and suggestions for mobile use.
- Canvas Webinars & Tutorials -- Recorded webinars and tutorials on how to use Canvas tools, features, and integrated apps.
- Canvas Tools -- List of all the tools in Canvas with linked support for each, including supported apps and LTI.
- Online Canvas Academy -- RCCD's Online Canvas Academy (OCA) trains faculty in Canvas basics including Modules, Pages, Discussions, Assignments, Quizzes, and other tools. All faculty are welcome to self-enroll in the 4-module course to learn or review these skills.