DEFT Support Meetings
District DE is here to support faculty as you support our students. We offer group Q&A sessions and 1:1 appointments to answer questions and support your instructional needs.
Ask It! Q&A Sessions
Starting August 22, Course Developers and our Accessible Technology & Media Coordinator will be hosting Ask It! Q&A sessions during College Hour Mondays through Thursdays from 12:50 to 1:50 pm. These drop-in sessions are designed to provide you with quick and ready access to your Canvas questions. We can also demonstrate instructional tools and help you build last-minute Canvas content.
Meet individually with DE personnel to get answers to questions, brainstorm new ideas, learn new tools, and build course content. If these days/times don’t fit your schedule, feel free to email specific DE personnel
your availability to set up appointments. Click on the links below to see available days/times. See below for appointment Registration Directions if you need assistance booking an appointment.
Canvas Support Available via Zoom: 15-MInute Blocks
- Derek Moore
- Monday & Tuesday 8:30 - 10 am, 10:15 - 11:45 am
- Wednesday 1:15 - 3 pm, 3:15 - 4:45 pm
Instructional Design Support Available via Zoom: 30-Minute Blocks
- DJ Hawkins is happy to schedule appointments Monday - Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm. Email your availability to set up an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Development Support via Zoom: 30-Minute Blocks
- Sandra Xochipiltecatl, based at Moreno Valley College
- Monday - Thursday 9 am - 1 pm & 1:30 - 4:30 pm
- Diana Myers Hyatt, based at Riverside City College
- Monday - Thursday 9 am - 12 pm & 12:30 - 4:30 pm
- Susan Finley, based at Norco College
- Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 12 pm & 1 - 4:30 pm
- Stefanie Tate
- Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 am - 12 pm & 12:30 - 3 pm
Accessibility & Media Support Available via Zoom: 30-Minute Blocks
- Anish Bhatia
- Monday - Thursday from 9 am - 12 pm & 12:30 - 4:30 pm
Appointment Registration Directions
- Sign in to your district email.
- Click on one of the registration links below.
- Select from the available days and times.
- Use arrows to review future dates.
- If a session has already started, you will not be able to register.
- Enter requested registration information such as name, email, and primary college.
- Check district email for a calendar invite with a Zoom link.
- Review this MS Bookings demo video (as needed) for further information on how to use Booking to register for an appointment.