Note: Registration for all sessions requires RCCD Office365 login.
Due to COVID-19 all training & support is occurring online only!
Distance Education Faculty Training
To register to receive an automated email with the Zoom link, click on the webinar title.
- Online Course Development (October 19, 10am - 11am) – Apply the backward planning (backward design) model to develop a fully online course that aligns learning objectives, activities/assessments, and instructional resources with appropriate technologies. In addition, learn how the Outcomes feature in Canvas can be used to assess learning outcomes.
- Co-presenters: Dr. Torria Davis, Interim Dean of Distance Education, and Business, Information Systems and Technology Professor, Janet Lehr, MA, MBA
- Online Course Design (October 26, 10am - 11am) – Apply the L.I.T.E framework to designing a variety of accessible content pages to create a welcoming home page, course navigation links, assignment pages, and learner support resources.
- Presenters: Interim Dean of Distance Education, Dr. Torria Davis, and Dean of Instruction at Norco College, Dean Melissa Bader
- Online Course Facilitation (November 2, 10am - 11am) – Discover a variety of third-party web tools to support community building, interaction, and collaboration among learners.
- Fostering Equity with Canvas Analytics (November 9, 10am - 11am) – Develop a plan to facilitate equitable student outcomes for the next iteration of your online course by analyzing data trends for assignments, discussions, and quizzes.
DE Workshops and Webinars
- Webinar: Canvas External Tools – This 60-minute webinar (led by DJ Hawkins and Sean Ulbert) will help you learn how to use Canvas external tools, apps, and embedding options. We will cover how to give students access and setup course navigation. Using these tools, you will be able to develop streamlined instructional content for your students. This webinar will be recorded.
- Upcoming Webinar Topics
- Canvas Pages and Rich Content Editor
- Canvas Settings and Notifications
- Canvas Analytics
DE Q&A Sessions and Appointments
- Derek Moore
- Sean Ulbert
- DJ Hawkins
RCCD Distance Education uses Microsoft Bookings (demo video) for listing all available training sessions and for registering for attendance. Follow the steps below to enroll in a training session.
- Click the Calendar of Online Training link (requires RCCD Office365 login).
- Available training sessions will be shown with a title and description. Click on the "i" for more detailed information.
- Select the training session you wish to attend.
- Scroll down to the calendar to view available days and times.
- Select the day and time you wish to attend.
- If a session is full or has already begun, you will not be able to register.
- Add your name and email and submit your booking.
- Check your email for registration confirmation and meeting link.