Students - Getting Started
Welcome to online learning at RCCD!
Our district uses Canvas for all online courses. RCCD provides support in multiple ways:
- Canvas Login Instructions
- Canvas Support
- Toll free, 24/7 phone support: (844) 603-4264
- Live, 24/7 Online Chat support
- Free, non-graded, Canvas training course: Quest For Success
- Email and login support from RCCD Helpdesk during business hours:
- Phone support: (951) 222-8388
- Email support: email@example.com
Is online learning for me?
If you're interested in the idea of online learning, but you still aren't sure if it is really for you, think about what it offers. Online learning is convenient and provides flexibility to complete your coursework any time day or night. But, you may be wondering if online learning is different from taking the same course in a traditional classroom. Online courses are not for everyone. They require at least as much time and commitment as traditional courses. Before you consider taking an online course, make sure you have time to focus on your coursework, feel competent using computers, and have good reading and writing communication skills. Ask yourself the questions below before making your decision.
The online environment is not for everyone. Unfortunately, some people may have an unrealistic impression or the incorrect idea that taking online classes is the "easy" route. Although you might not have to attend classes, you will still need to:
- read your textbooks and other materials
- write papers
- engage in class discussions with classmates/teachers by posting to discussion boards
- complete activities, tests or other assessments
- participate in individual and group projects
- spend as much time on your online class as you would if attending on campus
In many ways, online courses can be more difficult than their traditional on-campus counterparts.
Getting started in Canvas
For help getting started with Canvas review RCCD's non-graded course, Quest for Success. You can also view the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).