District Curriculum Committee
The District Curriculum Committee (DCC) has authority over districtwide curricular matters as mandated by the District Academic Senate. The DCC is comprised of the three chairs of the curriculum committees representing each college. Meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month during the Fall and Spring semesters.
The role of the DCC is to:
- Review and approve curriculum that involves two or more colleges.
- Minimize split-vote decisions between colleges whenever possible.
- Ensure consistency in district-wide curriculum.
- Forward curricular approvals to the Board of Trustees.
- Provide information and expertise to other committees on curricular issues.
- Be knowledgeable of the laws, regulations, and best practices established by
- California Education Code
- Title 5 California Code of Regulations
- Accrediting standards of the ACCJC
- State Chancellor's Office