Apply for a Scholarship
The RCCD Foundation works closely with Student Financial Services to offer over 300 scholarships annually to incoming, continuing and transferring students. The application process is made easy using an online application via AcademicWorks software.
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to https://rcc.academicworks.com/users/sign_up
- Create a log-in account
- Complete the application
- Be sure to enter your essay where prompted
- Enter a minimum of one (1) email address for a recommendation (request two or three as your application will be rejected without at least one recommendation).
The scholarship application period begins on October 17, 2016 and closes on January 13, 2017. Recipients selected are notified via email beginning in late April through early June. Recipients are expected to attend the scholarship ceremony affiliated with the scholarship to meet and thank the donor.
- To receive a scholarship, students must complete the scholarship application and go through the eligibility and selection process.
- Qualifications for scholarships vary, such as financial need, academic performance, your selected major or academic program, career goal, club or volunteer and community involvement, etc.
- Scholarships are usually awarded to the student or students who best fit the criteria as established by the donor or organization providing the scholarship funds.
- Scholarships generally are available to students who are enrolled in a minimum of 12 units and who maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
For further information and to apply for a scholarship, visit the scholarship information page on the Student Financial Services website of your individual college.