The RCCD Foundation was officially established in 1975 by a group of educators and supporters who wanted to invest in the educational future of young people in the region.
Thanks to generous alumni and other donors, who recognize and appreciate the critical role the District plays in the community and the region, the RCCD Foundation’s assets have grown from $8,500 in 1975 to more than $6 million today. That amount includes $3 million in endowed scholarships that provide on-going and lasting support. An appointed 25-member Board of Directors
governs the RCCD Foundation.
Currently, the Foundation is partnering with the District to Raise $25 million in private support by 2016, when Riverside City College celebrates 100 years of service and Moreno Valley and Norco colleges mark their 25th anniversaries.
The RCCD Foundation’s home is the RCCD Alumni House, 3564 Ramona Drive, across from Riverside City College. This historical building provides an elegant gathering place for alumni, faculty, staff and community members.
Over the years, the RCCD Foundation has:
- Raised $1.5 million to support the Passport to College program that guaranteed scholarships to RCCD and partner four-year institutions for nearly 5,000 students who participated.
- Assisted with land acquisitions for the Evans Sports Complex at Riverside City College and Moreno Valley College.
- Helped fund expansion of the district’s Early Childhood Studies program
- Supported the Moreno Valley College School of Dental Hygiene to meet a serious and growing shortage of dental hygienists in the region.
- Raised $450,000 to cover the purchase and renovation of Alumni House.
The RCCD Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization and your gift is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Give us a call today to discuss numerous giving opportunities.