The RCCD Foundation was officially established in 1975 by a group of conferred community supporters who were committed to ensuring access to education for deserving students.
Today, the RCCD Foundation has more than $5 million in assets, including $3 million in endowed scholarships that provide on-going and lasting support. An appointed 25-member volunteer Board of Directors from the community governs the Foundation.
The RCCD Foundation offices are located in the RCCD Alumni House, 3564 Ramona Drive, Riverside, across from Riverside City College. This historical building provides an elegant gathering place for alumni, faculty, staff and community members.
The RCCD Foundation’s most recent initiative “Campaign RCC – Our College, Our Future” concluded in December 2010, raising more than $21 million in cash, pledges and planned gifts to support several projects, including Industrial Technology building at Norco College; expansion of Moreno Valley College Allied Health program; construction of the Riverside Aquatics Complex; the Henry W. and Alice Edna Coil School for the Arts; and equipment and supplies for the Riverside City College School of Nursing and Math & Sciences Complex; scholarship support, and other District/College priorities.
Over the years, the RCCD Foundation has:
- Raised $1.5 million to support Passport to College program, a nationally recognized early outreach initiative that guaranteed scholarships for nearly 11,500, students enrolled in six local unified school districts to attend RCCD.
- Assisted with land acquisitions for the Evans Sports Complex at Riverside City College and Moreno Valley College.
- Helped fund expansion of the district’s Early Childhood Studies program
- Supported the development of the Moreno Valley College Dental Hygiene program to meet a regional shortage of dental hygienists.
- Raised $450,000 to purchase and renovate the RCCD Alumni House.
The RCCD Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. We welcome your support and invite you to call us to discuss the many ways you can be involved.