Parking Rules: Official Board Policy
Regulations for Policy AP 6750, Parking
On July 1, 2011, RCCD Police began enforcing parking regulations 7 days a week, 24 hours a day at all college campuses, education sites, and district locations. Under AP 6750 Parking, revised April 11, 2011, this means that all vehicles must display a valid District permit (student or staff), a District- or College-issued temporary permit, or use metered parking any time the vehicle is parked at a college or district location. A copy of the AP in pdf format is available at www.rccd.edu/administration/parkingprocedure, with revised sections highlighted in yellow.
All rules of the California Vehicle Code shall be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, the following College and District rules and regulations will be in effect:
I. Visitors Parking Lot
- A visitor may park in the Visitor Parking Lot for a maximum period of 30 minutes.
- A visitor does not need a visitor permit to park in the visitor parking stalls unless the allotted 30 minutes is to be exceeded. In that case, the visitor must obtain a visitor permit from the switchboard operator in the Administration Building, place the permit on the dashboard of the vehicle, and move the vehicle to any designated student or staff parking lot on campus (30 minute visitor parking no longer exists).
- Visitor parking will be forced Monday through Thursday from 7 am-10 pm, Friday from 7 am until 4 pm.
- If enforcement of permit parking is suspended, it will not include visitor parking.
- Vehicles with student permits will be cited if visitor parking stalls are used.
II. Student Parking Lots
- Parking regulations will be enforced Monday through Thursday from 7 am-10 pm, Friday from 7 amuntil 4 pm
- Current parking or visitor permit must be displayed while vehicle is parked on campus. A visitor permit must indicate either a visitor/staff or visitor/student parking lot.
- Suspension of citations for non-permit parking in student lots will occur only during:
- Events open to the public.
- Pre-set registration dates as advertised in the College Schedule of Classes.
III. Staff Lot
- Parking regulations will be enforced Monday through Thursday from 7 am-10 pm, Friday from 7 am until 4 pm.
- Current Staff Permit must be displayed at all times.
- Visitor parking in staff lots must have a visitor permit that states "STAFF LOT" or be subject to a citation.
- Parking regulations will not be suspended in the Staff Lot.
- Staff parking permits allow parking in Student Lots.
- One gate card per staff member may be obtained from the Cashier in the Bookstore (NO LONGER APPLICABLE).
- No staff member will be eligible for more than ONE parking permit.
- The definition of a staff member to be eligible to obtain a staff parking permit is one who is assigned to work more than twenty (20) hours per week.
IV. Parking for Handicapped Persons
- In order to park in a space for handicapped, a plaque or license plate for handicapped must be displayed on or in the vehicle.
- In addition, such vehicles must display a current Student or Staff Parking Permit.
V. Motorcycles, Cars and Trucks Parking and Displaying of Parking Permits
- A current parking permit is to be displayed on the left front fork
- Motorcycles must be parked in designated motorcycle parking areas only
- Apply permit to left rear bumper, or (NO LONGER APPLICABLE)
- Affix to, and clearly display on the inside of the left rear window, or (NO LONGER APPLICABLE
- Purchase a plastic permit card holder from the Bookstore and apply the permit to the card (NO LONGER APPLICABLE). Hang the permit from the rear view mirror of your vehicle.
- Your car or truck must be parked inside lines of one (1) parking space in authorized parking places and lots.
VI. Collection of Fees
- Staff parking fees are paid in Auxiliary Business Services, Student Center.
- Student parking fees are paid in the Admissions Building.
- Permits will be available on a semester and/or yearly basis.
VII. Waiver of Fees
- The following categories of individuals shall be provided parking permits:
- Board of Trustees
- Advisory Committee Members
- Foundation Directors
- Members of community groups and public officials so designated by the President of the College
- Senior Citizen Gold Card Holders
- Cosmetology Patrons
VIII. Fee Schedule
- Fall Semester $40.00
- Spring Semester $40.00
- Summer Intercession $20.00
- Yearly (Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Evans Field Parking (Discount Lot)
- Short Term (Five weeks or less)
- No longer Available
- Fall Semester $10.00
- Spring Semester $10.00
- Summer Intercession $2.00
- Above fees also apply to handicapped parking
- A lost gate card will be replaced for a fee of $5 (NOT APPLICABLE)
- There is no fee for bicycle, motor scooter or moped parking
- The Riverside Community College Police Department has primary responsibility for the enforcement of all College parking regulations and California Vehicle Code violations.
- The Riverside City Police Department may also enforce these regulations and, in turn, assist the College Police staff when necessary.
- Should a class be cancelled and this is the only class for the staff member or student, a 100% refund of the fee will be made
- Students, who officially withdraw from all classes in which they were enrolled prior to the start of a term, will receive a 100% refund of the fee.
- Prior to the second week of a term, and upon request, staff members and students who inadvertently pay for a permit, which is not needed, will have the fee refunded.
- Students, who officially withdraw from all classes in which they were enrolled during the first two weeks of the term, shall receive a fifty percent (50%) refund of parking fees.
- Students, who drop on-campus and retain off-campus classes, will receive no refund.