Emergency Notification System ~ Are You In?
During emergencies and critical events it is crucial that RCCD students, staff and faculty have several ways to receive information about the situation and how to respond. RCCD is implementing a new emergency mass notification system. The system requires that students, staff and faculty who want to receive emergency notifications to their PERSONAL email and mobile phones provide the following: Personal Email Address, Personal Cell Phone Number and Cell Phone Provider (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, etc). Instructions to register are linked below.
- Personal cell phone and email information provided will only be used for emergency purposes. Information will not be shared with other parties.
- RCCD emails and cell phones will receive the emergency notifications; you do not need to provide RCCD email or cell phone contact information.
- Uploads to the system will occur once a month, so please register NOW in order to be included ASAP.
- Although there is no cost to be included in this service, you may be subject to text charges, if you do not have unlimited text messaging.
- Tests will be conducted each semester - four (4) times a year.
- It is still critical for students, staff and faculty to review emergency procedures (flipcharts in classrooms, attend trainings, review protocols on the Safey and Emergency Planning website). The Emergency Notification System will only provide basic information. It is your job to be prepared for emergencies.
Instructions and WebAdvisor: