Planning, Building for Tomorrow
The Facilities Planning and Development office is responsible for overseeing all major Capital construction projects within the Riverside Community College District including: master planning and land acquisition; planning and building new facilities, and additions or renovations to existing or new college campuses.
Staff maintains communication with the State Chancellor’s office and consultants to ensure the projects conform to State and local statute and planning. More detailed responsibilities are as follows:
- Acts as the liaison for all Capital projects to the RCCD's Board of Trustees and Chancellor.
- Manages and coordinates consulting architects and engineers who provide design services for Capital projects.
- Administers all State reporting for space assignment and space inventory.
- Coordinates planning and design services for all improvements projects.
- Communicates updates to the colleges on major construction plans, progress and disruptions.
- Submits applications to State and regulatory agencies for project funding and project approval.
- Develops and monitors construction schedules.
- Provides construction observation, participates in progress meetings, and documents construction progress.
- Secures State inspection and testing services.
- Coordinates utility interruptions and user/maintenance trainings.
- Verifies and reports project budgets, schedules, and change orders to the RCCD Board of Trustees and Chancellor.
Project Completion & Closeout:
- Evaluates contractor and consultant performance for projects.
- Develops “punch list” of items for correction and monitors completion and project acceptance.
- Coordinates equipment, occupancy, and follow-up on warranty issues.
- Maintains project files and logs requests required to be held for State audit and District planning.
- Communicates with users throughout the entire Capital project process.
- Coordinates college office, classroom, lab, and equipment moves.
- Administers plan reviews.
- Maintains and updates District standards.
- Provides Capital program updates to the RCCD Board of Trustees as needed.